don’t eat the dead

“Because it’s murder plain and simple
No justification for taking a life without provocation
You’d be guilty of crimes in courts throughout the nation
If your victim was human you could face execution”

“Your moral civilized society is built on brutality and cruelty
Where normality is insanity, and insanity extreme ideology”

A typical slaughterhouse kills about 1,000 hogs per hour. The sheer number of animals killed makes it impossible for pigs’ deaths to be humane and painless. Because of improper stunning, many hogs are alive when they reach the scalding-hot water baths, which are intended to soften their skin and remove their hair.

Mother pigs (sows) who account for almost 6 million of the pigs in the U.S. spend most of their lives in individual “gestation” crates. These crates are about 7 feet long and 2 feet wide – too small to allow the animals even to turn around.

Arsenic-laced additives are mixed into the feed of about 70 percent of the chickens raised for food, but chickens do not eliminate all of it in their waste. Legal battles continue on behalf of more than 100 plaintiffs in an Arkansas town with the second-largest chicken population in the U.S. Residents there have been diagnosed with arsenic poisoning that has led to blood diseases and extremely rare types of cancer. The defendants are poultry producers who have been using an antibiotic (specifically, inorganic arsenic) in chicken feed that becomes toxic in litter, which was spread on nearby crops as fertilizer.

Factory farms simply cannot raise billions of animals per year without using drugs that allow the animals to survive cramped, filthy, and stressful conditions that would otherwise kill them. Millions of pounds of antibiotics are fed to chickens, who metabolize only about 20 percent of the drugs fed to them: The remaining 80 percent ends up in their feces. The 3 trillion pounds of waste produced by factory-farmed animals every year is usually used to fertilize crops and subsequently ends up leaching into waterways—along with the drugs and bacteria that it contains.

More than 100 million animals every year suffer and die in cruel chemical, drug, food and cosmetic tests, biology lessons, medical training exercises, and curiosity-driven medical experiments. Exact numbers aren’t available because mice, rats, birds and cold-blooded animals—who make up more than 95 percent of animals used in experiments—are not covered by even the minimal protections of the Animal Welfare Act and therefore go uncounted.

taken from: http://www.animalcrueltyfacts.net/statistics?vm=r

Advertisements

6 Comments

  1. June 5, 2012 at 9:45 am

    Thank you for this wonderful DISCLOSURE!!! Hoping for more people to wake up and start seeing. And thank you for shining the Light!

  2. June 13, 2012 at 8:31 am

    Thanks for following our blog and thanks for such a nice, informative blog. Hopefully soon people will all live and let live.

    If you’re ever in the area, we’d like to invite you to our restaurant 🙂

    Best wishes,
    One Veg World

    • lukescott313 said,

      June 13, 2012 at 5:53 pm

      that would be great 🙂 where are you guys located?

      • June 13, 2012 at 8:12 pm

        We’re in West Covina, in Southern California. Here’s our regular website: http://www.OneVegWorld.net
        Hope to meet you in person one day 🙂

      • lukescott313 said,

        June 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm

        awesome! 🙂 i used to live in san diego a few yrs bk..nxt time im in cali ill def have to stop 🙂 thank you!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: